Today’s guest is Todd Embley, program director at Chinaccelerator, China’s first mentorship-driven seed stage accelerator program. The Shanghai-based, 90-day accelerator program is driven by the mission of helping entrepreneurs who are innovating at the cutting-edge of information technology to create successful start-ups. It also claims to be China's only pure & authentic accelerator program. Today, we’re here to discuss the tech accelerator and tech start-ups scene in China.
P.S. Chinaccelerator is accepting applications to Batch 6 of their program (deadline Friday July 18th, 2014 midnight). To apply, visit http://www.chinaccelerator.com/apply
- Understand the environment for technology accelerators in China and their role in shaping the Chinese start-up ecosystem
- Learn about some exciting start-ups that are innovating at the cutting-edge of technology
- SOS Ventures – venture capital firm backing Chinaccelerator
- Cyril Ebersweiler - venture partner at SOSventures and founder of Chinaccelerator. He also founded HAXLR8R, an accelerator for hardware-related startups based in Shenzhen, China.
- Yixun.com – eCommerce shop similar to JD.com or Amazon
- Article by Aileen Lee from Cowboy Ventures – Welcome To The Unicorn Club: Learning from Billion-Dollar Startups
- Order With Me – Chinaccelerator graduate and winner of Tech Crunch Beijing 2011
- Piktochart – infographic platform
- NeoNan – Men’s digital publication
- Daily Themes – personalized English writing improvement for Chinese users
- Other mentioned Chinaccelerator companies: eProf (online education platform), Splitforce (mobile A/B testing and optimization), AYLIEN, Launchpilots, Seeder, Shoe Lovers
- Start-Up Chile – seed accelerator created by the Chilean Government based in Santiago, Chile