Today’s guest Michael Bellamy is a business owner, author, and a bona fide expert in China Sourcing, with over a decade of experience doing business in China. Michael is the author of the book “The Essential Reference Guide to China Sourcing” and the founder of PassageMaker, a china sourcing and contract assembly firm with a staff of over 150 specialists. He is also the Chairman of the Advisory Board at China Sourcing Information Center, a not-for-profit organization that exists to at educate, develop, and advance the China sourcing profession. In this episode, we discuss the essentials of China sourcing.
- This episode outlines a roadmap for sourcing in China: from having an idea, to finding a factory, to finally getting your products shipped to you
- We didn’t have enough time to cover all the details, so think of this as a compass rather than the turn by turn navigation to China sourcing
- We touch important topics such as IP, purchase orders, and quality inspection
- PassageMaker, a China sourcing and contract assembly firm
- China Sourcing and Information Center: a non-profit organization with great educational information (articles and videos) regarding China sourcing
- Michael is also an advisory board member at Asia Quality Focus and Chibridge Law
- Global Sources: website for finding suppliers in China
- Link to finding lawyer and auditing & due diligence services in China
- Third Party Logistics Providers: whitepaper and blog post
You find Michael at:
- China Sourcing Information Center. Michael created a great video series called China Sourcing Fundamentals, starting with Finding Suppliers.