This week we interview Simon Vericel speaking about the right way to do PR (Public relations) in China. Simon has 10+ years of PR experience helping Chinese companies managing their PR overseas and helping foreign companies running PR campaigns is China.
About Simon Vericel
He is a seasoned communication strategist and team leader with a knack for business development and kick-starting things.
Simon has more than 10 years experience designing highly efficient influencer and stakeholder engagement campaigns for leading Chinese brands overseas, global multinationals in China and tech startups experiencing rapid growth. He has particular focus on B2B, corporate communications, strategic positioning and messaging, media relations and crisis management across all traditional and digital platforms.
Over a decade working in China has given him a unique perspective on the key factors for successful communications campaigns in the country that translate into increased awareness, reputation and sales.
His industry focus covers high tech, mobile, semiconductors, IT services and software. He also have deep experience in healthcare, automotive, energy, F&B, government, finance and sports.
Can you focus us on what you do now? what your company does?
Is PR in China is different than the rest of the world?
What Strategy mean in the PR world?
what exactly you do to find the right strategy?
- Tips for startups and SMEs companies doing PR themselves in China.
- When is the stage for a foreign business that they would need a PR firm in China?
- Can they do it themselves? Is this about saving time building the connections with local websites and magazines?
- Should you do your PR in English, Chinese? How about both languages on the same channel?
- How do you do PR work, in a country where journalism is ‘censored’?
- Are there best practices for companies on what NOT to do when doing PR in China?
- Example Case studies
- Do you change your PR message in the middle of a campaign?
- What’s the best way to reach you?
- MIke's new book - China Startup - Experience and Insights. A Foreigner Starting a Chinese Tech Startup
- Shlomo’s book on LeanPub - Your Way! 6 weeks for a startup plan
- GMIC - Global mobile internet conference
- Megi - cloud accounting solution in China
- Qualcomm to Pay $975 Million Antitrust Fine to China
- Microsoft is making a custom version of Windows 10 just for China
- China joy
- Sina blogs
- Simon's company - Influence Matters
- Simon's contact details - Linkedin , [email protected]