Today we have Swan Huang, is the founder and CEO of Ringy. Mike got her for a one on one interview. Ringy is a platform built on top of Wechat giving instant help to foreigners who needs to communicate in Chinese and find info online. Pretty amazing how she managed to build this network of volunteers who are so passionate about her platform.
You will also hear about Mike's teaching experiences in shenzhen.... I guess it's impossible to avoid being an English teacher in China.
Also, Shlomo is talking about big events coming up on China Israel front next week.
- Swan, you are not a local here. Tell us how you came over here to this amazing city?
- How your English is so good? Where did you learn it from? Movies? School? (Listen to which was the first American series succeeding in China. )
- So you are very passionate about helping foreigners come to China and have a smooth landing - thus your current startup Ringy - but before we get into your business - what are some common pitfalls and mistakes newcomers to China make?
- Tell us about Ringy?
- What’s the most common questions you get from your users?
- Share with us some of the cool stories from people?
- How did Ringy start? How did this come about?
- How the interpreters finding Ringy?
- What are some of goals the interpreters have on the platform?
- What kind of help you are looking from our listeners?
- How do you start using Ringy?
- Free translation through new WeChat account 热心志愿者用微信提供实时翻译服务
- se Ringy's service - Scan their QR code