Today’s guest Fongyee Walker is the founder of Dragon Phoenix Wine Consulting, a company that offers consultancy, wine tasting, wine training and education services. Established in 2007, the company offers wine education in China in both English and Chinese. In addition, the company also assists wineries and trade bodies (like Wines of Australia) with promotion in China and helps wineries understand the Chinese market. Today, we're here to discuss the rapidly developing wine market in China and the opportunities that exist there.
- A high level overview of the wine market in China
- Discuss the developments in the wine market over the past few years and how it is likely to develop in the near future
- Discuss the challenges, misconceptions, and opportunities about the business of wine in China
- Great Wall Wine: please know that this is in no way an endorsement for the wine. Based on all my personal experiences, it’s quite terrible.
- WSET: Wine & Spirit Education Trust
- WeChat: Also known as Weixin (微信) in Chinese. A super popular chat application in China.
You can connect with Fongyee:
- Via Email: her first name at dpwc.co
- Also, you can search for Fongyee Walker on Skype or WeChat
- Dragon Phoenix Wine Consulting