Today’s guest Frank Lavin is the CEO of Export Now, a company that helps international brands sell to Chinese consumers via Tmall, China’s largest B2C e-commerce platform. Among the brands Export Now works with are the National Football League and Tabasco sauce. The company handles everything from customs clearance, to localization, to trademark registration, to order fulfillment and customer support, making selling in China a turn-key experience for international brands. Today, we’re here to chat about the e-commerce market in China and some of the intricacies of bringing foreign brands to China.
- Understand the e-commerce opportunity in China
- Dig into some of the difficulties and intricacies of bringing foreign products into China
- Talk about marketing to Chinese consumers as an e-commerce business
- Alibaba Group: owner of Taobao (their C2C platform) and Tmall (their B2C platform)
- Article about Frank & Export Now in Businessweek Magazine (here's another article)
- Nike's flagship on Tmall: nike.tmall.com
- The flagship Tmall stores for NFL and Totes
You can connect with Frank:
Download and Subscribe
- Download this episode: right click on this link and choose "save as"
- Subscribe to China Business Cast on iTunes
- Or check out the full list on subscription options